ROI invests in research to heighten the critical role of radiation therapy in the treatment of cancer. Requests for Proposals (RFPs) are strategically developed to inspire research that is practical and has the potential to transform cancer management and the therapies delivered to patients on a daily basis.
ROI is reviewing applications for the New Era of Radiotherapy RFP, which seeks to advance research on new radiotherapy methods, including but not limited to:
- FLASH radiotherapy
- Spatially fractionated radiation therapy (SFRT) including GRID and LATTICE
- Particle therapy
- Novel treatment delivery techniques such as personalized ultrafractionated stereotactic adaptive radiotherapy (PULSAR)
- Technology to address disruptions in radiation care such as cybersecurity threats
The grants from the New Era of Radiotherapy RFP will be announced in Spring 2023. ROI only accepts applications for funding in response to issued RFPs.
Topics for ROI's previous RFPs include:
- Leveraging Artificial Intelligence for Radiation Oncology
- Biomarkers for Radiation Oncology
- Improving Diversity and Inclusion in Radiation Oncology
- Personalized Radiation Therapy
- Leveraging Big Data to Optimize Quality Assurance and Patient Care Improvement Initiatives
- Safety and Quality: IMRT Treatment Delivery Accuracy
- Best Practices for Toxicity Management in Radiation Oncology
- Examination of the Comparative Value of Radiation Therapy
- Innovative Projects in Radiation Oncology
All letters of intent and proposals to ROI must be submitted through ProposalCentral. If you have questions about ROI's research funding opportunities, please contact us.
ROI's current and future research awards are supported by the generosity of our donors. Make your gift to ROI now.