The ROI invests in research to heighten the critical role of radiation oncology in the treatment of cancer. Requests for proposals (RFPs) are strategically developed to inspire research that is practical and has the potential to transform cancer management and the therapies that are offered to patients on a daily basis.
The ROI is currently seeking proposals for research on the topic of Personalized Radiation Therapy. By tailoring an individual’s cancer care to their individual tumor characteristics and personal genetic profile, they can receive more targeted and effective treatments while minimizing side effects. This approach uses biomarkers, gene expression profiles and other predictive tools to evaluate risks and guide treatment decisions designed to help patients live longer, healthier lives.
The proposed research can address one or more of the ROI’s priority topic areas.
- Communication – identifying and developing communication strategies to improve awareness and understanding of radiotherapy by referring physicians, patients and others.
- Quality and safety – establishing general quality indicators for radiation oncology treatment.
- Comparative effectiveness – conducting comparative effectiveness outcomes studies.
- Toxicity management – identifying best practices for management of radiation toxicity and survivorship.
- Value – assessing the value of radiotherapy/radiation oncology relative to other treatment modalities.
Letters of intent to submit a proposal are due December 14, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. Qualified applicants with promising project ideas will be invited to submit full proposals by March 1, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. A typical budget for a project is expected to be limited to $50,000. However, larger budgets will be considered with the firm limit that costs may not exceed $150,000.
See the complete Request for Proposals for more details on this funding opportunity.
All letters of intent and proposals to the ROI must be submitted through proposalCENTRAL. After logging in to proposalCENTRAL, go to the "Grant Opportunities" tab and select "Radiation Oncology Institute" in the "Filter List by GrantMaker" drop-down menu. If you have questions about the ROI's research funding opportunities, please contact us.
You can help support ROI's current research and future awards by donating to the ROI today.